Compiled by Roger Shlomo Harris © 1994-2009
- Bloomsbury Book Auctions,
- 3 Hardwick Street, London EC1, U.K.
Telephone: +44 (0)20-7636 1945.
Facsimile: +44 (0)20-7833 3954.
This auction house holds periodic sales of Hebraica and Judaica.
- Dillons, 82 Gower Street (corner of Torrington Place),
- London WC1E 6EG, U.K.
Telephone: +44 (0)20-7636 1577, +44 (0)20-7436 5874.
- Eastside Books,
- 178 Whitechapel Road, London E1 1BJ, U.K.
Opposite Whitechapel Underground station (on District, East London,
Hammersmith & City lines.)
Telephone: +44 (0)20-7247 0216.
Facsimile: +44 (0)20-7247 2882.
Often has a few books about London's Jewish East End.
- 119 Charing Cross Road, London WC2, U.K.
Telephone: +44 (0)20-7437 5660.
General bookshop. Judaica section.
- Grant & Cutler, Language Booksellers, 55-57 Great Marlborough Street,
- London W1V 2AY, U.K.
Telephone: +44 (0)20-7734 2012.
Facsimile: +44 (0)20-7734 9272.
- Humber Books, Rozei House, 4 St. Marys Lane, Barton-on-Humber,
- South Humberside, DN18 5EX, U.K.
Proprietor: Peter M. Cresswell.
Telephone: +44 (0)1652 634 958.
Facsimile: +44 (0)1652 634 965.
Occasionally has a few Jewish-interest items.
Early printed Christian theology and bibles, especially
pre-1700 imprints. Catalogues available.
- Imperial War Museum, Lambeth Road, Southwark, London SE1 6HZ, U.K.
- Telephone: +44 (0)20-7416 5000.
Facsimile: +44 (0)20-7416 5374.
The new building to house the permanent Holocaust Exhibition was opened
by H.M. Queen Elizabeth in June 2000.
Historial evidence is being sought to add to the Holocaust Exhibition and you are
invited to contact the Holocaust Exhibition Office.
The Director is Suzanne Bardgett.
Telephone: +44 (0)20-7416 5204 / 5285 / 5286.
Facsimile: +44 (0)20-7416 5278.
- London Antiquarian Book Arcade, 37 Great Russell Street,
- London WC1, U.K.
Telephone: +44 (0)20-7436 2054.
Catalogue. Second-hand. Judaica section.
- Pendlebury's Bookshop,
- Goetre Hall, Meifod, Wales SY22 6DH, United Kingdom.
Tel: +44 (0)1938 500 378
Second-hand. Pendlebury's, with its strong on-line presence, specialises in second-hand Christian religious books but has a significant number of books dealing with other religions. Several dozen Jewish/Jewish-interest/Hebrew titles.
(Formerly at Church House, Portland Avenue, Stamford Hill, London N16, until December 2008)
- Pordes (Henry) Books, 58-60 Charing Cross Road, London WC2H 0BB, U.K.
- Telephone: +44 (0)20-7836 9031.
Facsimile: +44 (0)20-7240 4232.
Second-hand. Judaica section.
- Provincial Booksellers Association
- WWW: http://www.clique.co.uk
Search-engine format covering several hundred booksellers.
On-line booklists may not completely reflect the stock available.
- Provincial Booksellers Fairs Association.
- The Old Coach House, 16 Melbourn Street, Royston, Herts.,
SG8 7BZ, U.K.
Telephone: +44 (0)1763-248 400
Telephone: +44 (0)1763-249 212 for weekly Fairs information update.
Facsimile: +44 (0)1763-248 921
Regular antiquarian and general fairs are held at the Hotel Russell,
Bloomsbury Square, London WC1, U.K., and at other national venues.
- Selfridges, Oxford Street, London W1, U.K.
- The Judaica book department was closed down before 1994.
- Simmonds, L., 16 Fleet Street, London EC4, U.K.
- This shop is now part of history. It closed at the end of August 1997
after being in business there since 1945. It offered general, law and
second-hand books and also kept a small stock of siddurim and chumoshim.
The shop which extended over several floors was only nine feet wide and
was the narrowest shop in the City of London.
- Skoob Books
- 66 The Brunswick, off Marchmont Street, London WC1N 1AE, U.K.
Telephone: +44 (0)20-7278 8760.
Second-hand. Literature, humanities, science and technology. There may be a few Judaica/Jewish-interest titles on the shelves. The shop's name is a palindrome.
- Unsworth Booksellers,
- 101 Euston Road (opposite the British Library), London NW1 2RA, U.K.
Telephone: +44 (0)20-7383 5507
Specialises in history and humanities. Has a dozen or more Jewish-interest books.
Also at 71 Park Street, Bristol and 15 Turl Street, Oxford.
- W.H. Smith, Brent Cross Shopping Centre, London NW4, U.K.
- Telephone: +44 (0)20-8202 4226.
- Walden Books, 38 Harmood Street, off Chalk Farm Road, Camden,
- London NW1, U.K.
Telephone: +44 (0)20-7267 8146.
Open: Thu-Sun: 10.30-18.30.
Second-hand. Usually stocks several dozen mostly secular Jewish-interest titles. I have purchased here a few interesting haggadot and also a 200 year old Hebrew-English lexicon
- Woburn Bookshop, 10 Woburn Walk London WC1H 0Jl, U.K.
- Telephone: +44 (0)20-7388 7278
Facsimile: +44 (0)20-7263 5196
Open: Mon-Fri: 11.00-18.00, Sat: 11.00-17.00. Sun: closed.